5/02/2011

How to set the database, liferay uses

Ok, most of you people already know, but I wanted to have a place for myself where I can look it look. This is how you configure the database that liferay uses:


Locate the file "portal-ext.properties". It should be in your applications server deploy directory under ROOT\WEB-INF\classes. If it doesn´t exist - create it.


Add the following:

jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver 
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false 
jdbc.default.username= username
jdbc.default.password=password


Replace the database name, username and password and you are done :).


If you like this post it would be very nice, if you could click on some of the google ads you see on the right side. It helps me run this block and motivates me ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment.